PUMPKIN SOUP: Raw or Warm
Pumpkin soup is a delightful and very nourishing add on to our daily foods especially when it is seasonally available. This recipe will surely be loved by everyone who has it. It is flexible and you can make changes into it as per your tastes and availability.
- 100gms ripe pumpkin or butternut squash (peeled and diced)
- 1 inch round piece of pineapple or 1 orange (peeled, deseeded)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper (deseeded and diced)
- 1 handful of raw pumpkin seeds or melon seeds or cream from one fresh green coconut.
- Drinking water to blend
- 2-3 leaves of basil or 10 grams of coriander leaves (chopped fine)-optional
- 1 leaf of spring onion (chopped fine)- optional
- Salt to taste (White or black pink salt)
- Pinch of black pepper powder- optional
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Take ingredients 1-5 and blend them well into a desired creamy soup like consistency in your home blender.
- Now add desired fresh leaves from Ingredients in points 6-7 and give them one pulse in the blender with previous ingredients. This will allow the flavours to get enhanced and will not make the soup green.
- If you want your soup to be warm then take it out in a utensil and warm it till desired warmth or boil. (preferably warm till you can touch it with your fingers to retain maximum nutrition) or add it as it is into serving bowls.
- Add salt, black pepper powder &/or any other spices to taste.
- Garnish with herb of choice and serve beautifully.
ENJOY THE SOUP WITH ALL YOU LOVE…